SAND HILL FARMS pan-seared SIRLOIN IN BOURBON SAUCE
"Top sirloin is a juicy cut of meat that is versatile in how to make and prepare it. Pan searing top sirloin in a cast iron skillet is a fast and easy way to get dinner to your table in under 20 minutes, and paired with a robust bourbon sauce, this recipe is sensational. How you cook your sirloin steak is the key to having a tender steak on the inside while maintaining a delicious crust on the outside."
DIRECTIONS: COOKING WITH A CAST IRON SKILLET
1. Take your top sirloin out of the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Season steaks with garlic salt and pepper. Once oil begins to smoke add steaks to skillet.
2. Cook steaks 5 minutes each side or until desired doneness and remove from heat.
3. Let steaks “rest,” and prepare the bourbon sauce. In a medium bowl combine bourbon, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar minced garlic and honey. Bring to a boil in a sauce pan. Combine cornstarch and water or roux and pour into sauce and mix to incorporate. Reduce heat and allow sauce to thicken (about 5 minutes).
4. Pour bourbon sauce over top sirloin steaks garnish with fresh rosemary and serve with roasted potatoes or garlic butter mushrooms.
cooking sirloin in oven:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and season sirloin steaks with garlic salt and pepper
- Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat, heat canola oil until it begins to smoke. Add steaks and pan sear for 2 minutes on each side
- Place skillet in the oven and roast steaks for 8 minutes a side, for medium rare. If you want your sirloin steak cooked medium or well, increase the time